
I had so much fun creating this darling little dress. Tara, a teacher at Kamille's, had created a sample dress and had it hanging in the store. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I wanted to make it. I love all of the different stitches and the cute little accents. The sample dress was a lot shorter so I added about nine more rounds in order to get it to the length that I like. I always think Elizabeth looks cuter in dresses that are longer.
Here is a close-up of the white three-tiered flower, along with the white satin ribbon that accents the empire waist.

On the back there are four white buttons to close the dress, along with the satin ribbon tied in a bow. So Cute!


My favorite part of the dress is the bottom hem. I love the faux under-layer. After you crochet the entire dress, you go back, pick up the stitches along the bottom and crochet an additional couple of rows. This gives the appearance that there are two layers to the dress.

Supplies Used:
Crystal Palace Bunny Hop Yarn (approximately 600 yards) for main color
Crystal Palace Bunny Hop Yarn for accent color
Size G crochet hook
Four 1/4 inch white buttons
1 yard of white satin ribbon
May/June '08 Crochet Today Magazine
5 comments:
Ginamarie! That dress is way too cute, how long did it take you to make it? I want to make that!
Absolutely beautiful! I wish I had the time to create something like that. Or even had the time to learn. What a beautiful job! My great gamma used to make beautiful things that I would just oogle! There is nothing better than making something yourself. Triumph!!
Gina, I am so excited to find your blog, I saw your post on Sarah's and was so HAPPY to see you. How have you been, I would love to catch up with you. Hope you do not mind if I follow your blog.
Hugs,
Lisa
I haven't seen you in a while! How are you? I didn't know you had a blog too. I'll have to add you to my reader. I loved the little dress you crocheted, so sweet. I would love to learn how to crochet. Have a good one!
--
Sarah Gibby
http://www.buzzaboutbaby.com
http://www.happyheadbands.com
Hey - just found your blog! That dress is an absolute marvel. Really, incredible! You father-in-law was at our house a couple weeks ago working in his calling with Steve - he was very nice! Such a small world.
Oh, a small favor.
Do you think you could remove our last name from your blog list so we don't come up in google searches? I know, it's totally silly and paranoid, but I'd never want to go private. Thanks!
Post a Comment