Saturday, January 3, 2009

Oh, The Possibilities!

There is something about a new year. It seems like anything is possible, anything can happen...and that you can accomplish anything that you want. I love a new year!

When I was a child, I had a good friend named Crystal. Every year, Crystal and her family would sit down and create a list of things that wanted to accomplish during the year. They had this list written out and posted in their kitchen. Crystal's mom wanted to make sure that it was visible to the entire family...so they would all remember and would be able to work on them each day.

I have decided to create a similar list...and have decided to post it here. I will be checking the list often and will make it a priority to get as many of the items done as possible. Hopefully at the end of 2009 I will be able to look back and see how much we have accomplished.

Spiritual
  1. Go to all church meetings and Relief Society events
  2. Take Elizabeth to Nursery
  3. Read Elizabeth stories from the Book of Mormon
  4. Hold Family Home Evenings

Home
  1. Organize all of my craft supplies
  2. Organize the basement
  3. Organize the garage
  4. Food Storage
  5. Beautify our front and back yards

Family
  1. Have Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving
  2. Visit Grandma Great and Grandpa Great more often
  3. Send birthday cards to all family

Educational
  1. Learn to make at least 12 new meals
  2. Take a sewing class
  3. Enjoy more knitting classes

Fun
  1. Go on a hike with Matt
  2. Enjoy picnics in the park with Elizabeth
  3. Schedule consistent date nights with Matt
  4. Enjoy a long ride with Matt...just the two of us
  5. Attend crops and Scrapbook!
  6. Get together with old friends
  7. Get a yearly pass to the Zoo...and go!

No comments: