Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Grannie Freebairn's Graveside Service
Today, we honored the life of Matt's grandma, Agnes Freebairn. We are sad that she is gone and miss her so; however, we are overjoyed that she has returned to her eternal sweetheart, Sam. They have been apart for 44 years...I cannot imagine the reunion that they had in Heaven.
It was a rainy day. I don't think that I have ever seen it rain that hard in my entire life. Grandma Freebairn loved the rain. I am so grateful for the memories that we have of her and the lessons that we have learned from Grannie. She was, and still is, one amazing lady. The Graveside service was beautiful. Uncle Shawn shared a heart-wrenching letter that he wrote to his mother. In the letter, he shared some of his favorite memories, as well as his gratitude for all of the things his mother had done for him. Liza, one of the grand kids, played Grannie's favorite song, Edelweiss, on her violin. There was not a dry eye around. What a touching moment!
Grannie. We love you and we miss you. God be with you 'til we meet again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment