My poor little Zachary had to get stitches today. I am not going to lie...I was pretty freaked out when I heard Zachary scream and saw all of the blood. I was upstairs ordering movie tickets online when I heard a big thud and then screaming. From what I can tell, it seems as though Zachary fell off the couch and hit his head on the side of his little armchair. Within minutes, we were on our way to InstaCare. At InstaCare, they were able to get the bleeding to stop and cleaned the area so we could get a better look at the wound.
The doctor took one look and said, "We are not going to be able to help you here. You need to head up to Primary Children's Hospital immediately." Since the cut was so close to Zachary's eye, the InstaCare doctor was not comfortable doing the stitches. He let us know that Zachary would need to be sedated before the stitches could be done. They got the wound covered...and we were on our way.
At Primary Children's Hospital, they were able to sedate him and get him prepped for the procedure. The nurses were so cute with Zachary. They talked to him about superheros and even "tricked" him into his restraints. They asked Zachary if he wanted a superhero cape. Of course Zachary said yes, so they placed his arms in a pillowcase behind him and played with him for a couple of minutes. Once the doctor arrived, Zachary laid down and his arms were immediately restrained inside the pillowcase that he was now laying on top of...Genius!
My sweet little Zachary waiting for the doctor at Primary Children's Emergency Room. He is such a brave little guy!
We had to wait for 2 hours after the sedation was administered before we could leave. The hospital staff was so sweet and brought Zachary some toys so he could play while we waited. He even got to watch a couple of shows and play a couple of games on the hospital iPad.
After 8 stitches, our little man seems to be doing well. For the next few weeks, we need to put ointment on and keep the wound covered with a band-aid. In five days, we get to return to Primary Children's Hospital to get the stitches removed.
I am so grateful that Zachary will be okay. It was quite a scary experience but it seems like it worked out the best that it could have. Also, I have to thank my good friend, Lisa Rogers, who stepped up to take Sydney, Ashton, and Elizabeth while I was at the hospital with Zachary.






No comments:
Post a Comment