
I took Elizabeth to the doctor this week, for her one year appointment. We checked her weight and height, as well as her general development. Her doctor says she is doing great! She is on the small side, but her doctor says it is nothing to be concerned about. She is 27 1/2 inches tall (10th percentile) and weighed in at a whopping 16 pounds 6 ounces (3rd percentile). Needless to say, we will not be changing to the forward-facing car seat any time soon. The doctor told us not to plan on the upgraded car seat until she is closer to 18 months, maybe. We'll see. I am in no hurry. I am so happy to know that she is doing well and that her size is not an issue. Elizabeth also received her vaccines, which meant three shots. She was so great! She laid on the table and whined a little but as soon as it was done and I picked her up, she was just fine. I could not have been blessed with a more well behaved and beautiful baby. She has been so good that Matt and I are scared to have another baby in the future. We are convinced that we used all of our luck on Elizabeth and are doomed for a terror next.


As I have reflected over the past 12 months, I am amazed at the changes that our little baby has gone through. She is walking, babbling, clapping, and most of all smiling. She has eight teeth and a few strands of hair. She is a great eater, and more importantly a great sleeper. She is the most amazing baby and I am so blessed to have her in my life!
3 comments:
Wow! Time does fly doesn't it? I can't believe she's a year old. She sounds like she's the same size as Harmonie was at that age, but has a lot more teeth! We're just barely cutting tooth 5:)
I love that you had her pictures taken with her binky! So adorable;o)
Hey Gina it's Emily from SU. I hope you don't mind me checking up on you. I found you through Mollies blog. You're little girl is so cute. Hope life is treating you well.
Gina, your baby sure is cute!
Post a Comment