
Her party began at 5:00pm on Sunday, April 6th. All of our families were invited, and everyone came. We had a full house with Grandma Valentini, Papa Valentini, Grandma Freebairn, Grandpa Freebairn, Great Grandma Gallagher, Uncle Bill, Uncle Michael, Grannie, Grandpa Great, Grandma Great, Aunt Betty, Adam, Tifani, Kena, and Kate all in attendance.
We started out by visiting and munching on snack items. Matt and I made his famous enchiladas, so once they were ready the feast was served. Everyone said that they enjoyed the food (I hope they weren't just being nice).Elizabeth was the cutest as she opened her gifts. She received a HUGE box from Grandma and Grandpa Freebairn. Once she saw it, she was determined to climb on top of it, so we really had to watch her. She received so many nice things. I am humbled by the giving nature of our family members. Elizabeth is so blessed to have all of these wonderful people in her life. I won't create an entire gift list, but some of Elizabeth's favorites are: a touch and feel animal book (she's been carrying it around the house since she got it), a fisher-price learning bird bath, and a vtech laptop. Some of my favorites are: a pink gingham dress (from grandma Valentini), a couple of taggie pajama sets (from great grandma Gallagher), and money from those that decided to let me go shopping! I love shopping!!! I am sure that Elizabeth will love the Learn Around Playground that Grandpa and Grandma Freebairn gave her. We just haven't taken it out of the box yet. Matt will be attempting that today, since it is his day off.





We ended the night with cake and ice cream. Elizabeth had her own little cake. At first she wasn't quite sure what I wanted her to do with it. She touched it but looked like she wasn't liking the feel of the icing on her fingers. It took her a little while, but she seemed to warm up to the idea that she could grab and eat the cake. At the end, we had a half eaten (and smashed) cake and a really messy girl. Nothing, though, that a warm bath couldn't fix.
All in all, I had a wonderful day. I made many fond memories that I will remember for a long time to come. I love being surrounded by family. They are the most important people in my life and I am so glad that I could celebrate the birth of my sweet little girl with all of the people that I love.
No comments:
Post a Comment