Happy Valentine's Day! I have to admit that Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. Elizabeth and Zachary absolutely love it and their excitement is contagious. Elizabeth has been counting down for days and was so excited to burst into my room and announce, "Happy Valentine's Day!" this morning.
Once Matt got home from work, we gave the kids their red presents. This is a tradition that we started with Elizabeth's first Valentine's Day. We always get the kids something for Valentine's Day and wrap it in red wrapping paper. We explain that whenever they use their "red present" they need to remember that mommy and daddy love them so much. In addition, to the red presents, the kids always exchange gifts with each other. I love taking them each to the store and letting them pick things out for each other.
This year, Matt and I gave Elizabeth a VTech InnoTab 2 Tablet, a Brave InnoTab game cartridge, and some yummy candy.
Zachary was so excited for Valentine's Day this year. It was so fun to see him enjoying the day and really getting into the spirit of the day. Throughout the day, he would come up to me and say, "Mommy. I love you. I need a hug and a kiss." So cute!
Matt and I gave Zachary a VTech VReader. His face was priceless as he opened his gift. I will forever remember the look of joy on his face as he saw it for the first time. He exclaimed, "What! A tablet for me! Open it! Open it! Open it!"
Seriously, could he be any cuter!
We also got Zachary a Cars VReader game and some yummy candy.
My favorite part of the whole day was watching Elizabeth and Zachary exchange gifts. They were so happy to give something to each other. I love that they were more excited about giving their gifts away, then about receiving their own gifts.
Zachary gave Elizabeth a MegaBlok princess and unicorn set.
Elizabeth was so excited to give Zachary his little Hulk doll. She hid next to the couch and had Zachary close his eyes. She counted to three and had Zachary open his eyes just as she popped up from behind the couch. I am so glad that Matt was able to photograph this moment because I want to be able to remember it forever. It makes my heart so happy!
Zachary absolutely LOVES his gift from Elizabeth. He did not stop smiling and just kept hugging it.
I am so grateful for my valentine, Matt, and my two munchkin-valentines, Elizabeth and Zachary. I am so blessed to be loved by three amazing people, not to mention all of my extended loved ones.
My heart is full. Life is good.


















1 comment:
Gina / Matt - WOW - what good looking kids. Looks like your really enjoying life. Good for you! Happy fourth of July in a couple of days. --Don--
Post a Comment