Thursday, February 7, 2013
Zachary's First Visit to the Dentist
Today Zachary had his first appointment with the dentist. He was so excited for his appointment...until we got there and he figured out that the dentist needs to come near him in order to complete the check-up. Zachary spent his entire time in the dentist chair, in my lap, clinging to me and screaming at the top of his lungs. I am convinced that anyone in the waiting room thinks that the dentist was murdering someone...or at least ripping their arms and legs off one-by-one.
The dentist and hygienist were the sweetest and were very patient with my terrified little guy. As I apologized for all of the screaming the dentist nicely said, "Oh he's fine. At least while he is screaming his mouth is wide open and I can get a really good look at what I am doing!" Way to look on the bright side of things. I am sure that we were the topic of discussion during dinner at the dentist house tonight!
Once the check-up was over, and the dentist presented Zachary with a bag full of goodies (toothbrush, toothpaste, a ball, stickers, chap stick, etc.), Zachary calmed right down and even sat in the chair so I could snap a picture.
I am happy to report that Zachary is in the "No Cavity Club" and that we will not need to return for another appointment until six month from now. I am sure the dentist and hygienist will need the time to recover. Maybe I will bring earplugs and prizes for them next time!
On our way home, Zachary and I stopped at Target so he could pick out a present for being in the No Cavity Club. After looking at every toy, on every aisle, Zachary finally decided on a Jake and the Neverland Pirates Treasure Box. It has a Captain Hook's hook, a treasure map, a spyglass, and a dagger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment