Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Day at the Park

Matt and I took Elizabeth to the park yesterday. This was her first time at the park, so we weren't sure how she was going to take it. We searched all over to find a park that had the child swings because I really wanted to get her on a swing. My mom mentioned that there were swings at the park near her work, so off to Draper we went. We arrived and it was perfect because there were only a couple of other kids in the whole park...and we had the swings all to ourselves.

At first, Elizabeth was not so sure about the swings. She never cried, but she sure was not having fun. She had this weird look on her face and just moaned. We let her just hang there for a moment before we started pushing her.

After a couple of minutes, she really started having fun. She still held on with both hands, but at least she was smiling.

Matt and I took turns pushing Elizabeth on the swings. Matt liked to push her higher and faster than I did, but she handled it great! I really think she had fun. We are going to have to take her to the park a lot more often. I am so happy that she is old enough and big enough to start doing some of these fun activities!

Matt thought it would be a great idea to send Elizabeth down the little kiddie slide. He wanted to see what she would do. When he was in place and had his camera set, I released her and held my breathe. Once she was down, I grabbed her, expecting her to be crying...but she was fine. I asked Matt if he got the photo he wanted, or if I needed to send Elizabeth down the slide again. Matt looked at the screen on his camera, zoomed in on her face and said, "Oh I couldn't do that to her again. She has a look of "Please, God...do not let me die!" on her face". Needless to say, the photo that he got was the only one he would be getting because I was not sending her down the slide again!

Once we were done torturing Elizabeth on the swings and the slide, we let her just run around and play. Matt got some really great photos of Elizabeth in the cute little outfit that Grandma and Papa gave her. They bought it for her to wear last summer and she finally fits in it! I was so excited when I realized that her little Crocs were a perfect match.


Elizabeth gives the best "kissies". If you ask her for a "kissies", she opens her mouth really wide, sticks out her tongue, and plants one on your lips or cheek. It is the best feeling to get one of her "kissies". Sometimes she gets really crazy and will give you five or six "kissies"...one right after the other.

Just before we left, we let Elizabeth just run around. She had so much fun just walking around on the bark. I think she did great. She could really keep her balance.


Not that I want to end this entry on a "downer" but Elizabeth scared me half -to-death while she was climbing on the stairs to the slide. She turned around and fell head-first down the metal steps. She did a forward summersault, hit the top of her head on a step, did another summersault before landing face-down in the bark. I ran and picked her up...but all she wanted was to get back down and play. I am going to keep my eyes on her, but for now she seems to be fine!

1 comment:

Emily said...

She is so cute. she looked like she was having fun once she got to do what she wanted. What a doll.