Once breakfast was over, we went outside to get some photos of Elizabeth with her grandma. Karla always takes such good care of her garden. It is a great place to take photos.
I have to take a quick moment to mention what a great mom Karla is. She is so kind and really has treated me like one of her children. I love her so much and could not have asked for a better mother-in-law. One of the things that I will never forget about Karla is the way that she stepped in and took care of Elizabeth when I was hospitalized. Unfortunately, I was admitted to the hospital when Elizabeth was four days old. Matt took care of Elizabeth for the first couple of days all by himself, but when he needed some sleep, Karla took Elizabeth overnight and gave Matt a much needed break. The nights away from Elizabeth were some of the loneliest times of my life. I will be forever grateful to Karla for the kindness and love that she showed my baby girl, when I was not able to take care of her.Later in the afternoon, we headed over to my parent's house. Matt BBQ'd hamburgers and hot dogs. It was so nice to sit down and enjoy a meal as a family. After the food, we went outside to get a four-generation photograph. I have wanted one for a while and we keep postponing it, so I put my foot down and dragged the group outside.
Elizabeth is so blessed to have so many wonderful grandmas. In my life, I have only met one of my great-grandmas and one of my grandmas. Elizabeth has three great-grandmas, one great-aunt, and two grandmas. Not to mention all of the grandpas and uncles. What a lucky girl!We ended up taking more than just the four-generation photograph. What can I say, you get me near a camera and I go crazy! I had Matt take photos of Elizabeth with everyone individually, as well as the four-generation group shot. Matt always takes such great photos. I am grateful to have him in my life. He is so talented!





We had cookies and ice cream for dessert...no thanks to me! I was suppose to bring the dessert and totally forgot. Oh well, what you gonna do!! Sorry everyone.
All in all, it was a great day. I got to spend the whole day with my wonderful husband, sweet baby girl and my extended family. What could be better! I also received a Namaste Tote Bag, Namaste Knitting Needle Clutch, and a Namaste pouch from Matt and Elizabeth and a Willow Tree figurine from my parents. It is of a woman holding a little baby. I absolutely love it!
As I sit and reflect on the day, I am humbled to know that Heavenly Father has entrusted me with a beautiful daughter. I love Elizabeth so much. Words cannot describe how I feel. She is such a blessing in my life. She brings so much love and joy. I don't know how I ever survived without her. I love being a mom and I am so grateful that I have been given this opportunity.

I would be selfish, if I did not take a couple of moments to write about my own mom. My mom is so caring and selfless. She would do anything for you, even if it means that she has to go without. She has dedicated herself to her family. You can really tell that family is what matters most to her. While I was on bed rest, she helped me so much. Not only by cleaning and cooking, but by calling and coming to visit. She always wanted to make sure that I was okay. Her visits always brought a smile to my face. She is a great woman. If I can be a tenth of the mother that she is, I will know that I have succeeded. Thanks Mom... for just being you!
1 comment:
Hey! I am glad you found my blog. Yours is so cute. Your daughter is adorable!
Post a Comment