Monday, May 5, 2008

A few days with an old friend...

I just spent a couple of days with a good family friend. Mr. Jim Berger was my uncle's co-worker, and became a good friend about fifteen years ago. He use to live here in Utah, but ten years ago he moved to Japan to teach English. He has taught many students, has written a book, and is currently working on having his second book finished. We are so proud of him, and are glad that he was able to visit for a few days.

One of Jim's students was graduating from the University of Utah, so he flew in for the ceremony. He arrived on April 30th and departed on May 4th. It was not a long visit but I got to spend a couple of afternoons with him. One of my most cherished memories from his visit, is watching him help Elizabeth feed the ducks at my uncle's condo. He had a huge smile on his face and you could tell he was really enjoying himself. Elizabeth loved it too! I thought that she would be afraid of the ducks, but she loved them. I think I was more afraid then she was.

Unfortunately, I never thought to bring my camera (Matt is the official photographer), so I will have to post a photo of his last visit, which was in December 2007.

***Jim, if you read this, know that we love you, miss you, and want you to come to Utah again soon...hopefully to stay!

No comments: