Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tea Party with Kena and Kate


Elizabeth and I have been looking forward to today for quite some time now. We planned a tea party with Kena and Kate a couple of weeks ago and have been counting down until today. When I told Elizabeth that today was the day of the tea party, she immediately put on the dress that I knit her, then got Lily dressed in her matching knitted dress. They looked so adorable together.

Elizabeth and I arrived at the Georgell Doll Shop in Gardner Village and were so excited when Kena and Kate walked in. We were shown to our table on the back patio and the girls were given aprons and hats to wear.


The table was decorated so cute. Each girl had a place setting, along with their food selections, a fairy doll, and a place setting for their doll. 


Each girl chose the sandwich platter, along with cupcakes and cookies for dessert. The sandwich platter came with a small loaf of pink bread, Nutella spread, peanut butter, butter, and honey. It also included applesauce and raisins.


It was so cute to watch Kena, Kate, and Elizabeth interacting with their dolls. At one point, Elizabeth turned to Lily and said, "Lily are you having so much fun because I am!". Each girl was so good to feed their dolls and offer them drinks.


Elizabeth, Kena, and Kate all took turns pouring from the tea pot. They did such a great job of sharing the lemonade.


They look absolutely adorable sipping from their tiny tea cups. This was such a fun afternoon. I am so glad that we were able to get together.


After the tea party, the girls went on a "Fairy Seek". They were given clues to follow and went around trying to solve each of the riddles. Kena did a great job of reading all of the clues. I loved watching them wander the gardens looking for each of the answers.


One of the clues was: Find a Fairy Door. What does the sign on the fairy door say?


Another one was: There is a fairy on a bench. What color is her dress?


My favorite was about a birds nest with a baby fairy. We were suppose to see how many eggs there were in the nest.


Before leaving, each girl got to ring the fairy bell and make a wish. Elizabeth rang the bell and said, "I wish I was a princess!".

You already are sweetheart. Thanks for spending the afternoon with me doing something fun!

No comments: