Elizabeth did such a great job at her first soccer practice last night. I could tell at first that she was a little hesitant and a bit shy, but by the end of practice she seemed a lot more comfortable. She listened to her coach and tried really hard during all of the drills.
They began practice with a bunch of stretches.
The coach taught them about scoring a goal and then each of the players got a chance to kick the ball into the goal. It was so cute to see them all lined up waiting for their turn. Elizabeth is a really good, strong kicker!
Next, they ran some races up and down the field. They made it into a little competition to see who could run the fastest...I was just glad that Elizabeth was getting all of her excess energy out. I just kept thinking about how well she was going to sleep that night!
For the last part of practice, the coach demonstrated dribbling the ball up-and-down the field...then each of the kids gave it a try!
At the end of practice, the kids gathered together in a huddle, and screamed "Avengers!" Too cute!
I love seeing Elizabeth in her soccer uniform. I am looking forward to her Saturday morning games. I have to admit that I am excited to be a soccer mom!










No comments:
Post a Comment