Friday, April 6, 2012
Happy Birthday Elizabeth!
My Elizabeth is now five years old! She has grown so much and has learned so much since her last birthday. We have had some amazing times this year and I have loved spending my days with her. She is quite the little character and has quite the personality. I love that she is outgoing, wild, fun-loving, and fearless! I've said it before and I will say it again, she definitely keeps me on my toes...but I wouldn't trade her for the world!
Here are a few things about Elizabeth...
She is a good big sister and loves Zachary.
She is good at sharing and helping Zachary...most of the time!
She has a generous personality and usually shares her snacks and candy.
She loves anything pink and girly.
She is obsessed with princesses.
She love to dress-up and play house.
She get dressed herself and picks very interesting color and pattern combinations to wear.
She loves to draw, especially pictures of rainbows and our family.
She is very opinionated and says exactly what she thinks.
She loves school and is great at counting and recognizing her letters.
She loves to go in and play with Zachary in the morning. I love this because it allows for a few more minutes of rest before I have to get up and get him.
She would eat candy 24/7 if we would let her.
She wants to grow her hair out until it is as long as Rapunzel's.
She still loves to bargain and will argue something to death.
She is a very picky eater and will hardly ever try something new.
She does not like kissing on the lips but will gladly give you a kiss on the cheek.
She is obsessed with TV and movies. She loves any princess movie but also enjoys The Simpson, Sponge Bob Square Pants and Spider-Man.
She love to turn on music and dance. She kicks her legs and runs around. I am seriously considering putting her into a dance class.
She still hates green beans (she tells me they are for babies), meat (she tells me she needs to get bigger before she can eat it), and chocolate milk.
She attends preschool at Miss Krista's preschool and looks forward to going every Tuesday and Thursday.
She is convinced that she is going to marry one of her little friends named Zander. When asked why she wants to marry him, she says, "Because he is so handsome. Plus he doesn't laugh at me when I fall down!"
She enjoys playing with Squinkies and with her doll house. It is fun to listen to all of the little conversations she comes up with and all of the situations that she creates.
She is getting less sassy! We still have our days but they are fewer and don't come as often.
She lives life to the fullest and is constantly in motion. She loves to run, jump, and climb. She does not sit down for five seconds...unless she's watching a movie. We signed her up for soccer and I am interested to see if she likes it.
She has grown quite a bit this year. She currently wears 4T clothing and even has a couple of 4/5 outfits.
She is constantly talking. I mean, constantly. She does not let anyone get a word in and wants to make sure that she is heard. I always have to remind her that she does not need to shout! We are working on this but I can tell it's going to be a long time before we can get this under control.
She is in the CTR 4 class and loves seeing all her friends at church. She informed me recently that she does not like going to church because her teachers are always telling her she needs to be quiet. She does love the Book of Mormon and happily brings her copy to church each week.
She adores her Papa and would go to his house every day. She always tells me that she wants to move into a big house where "Mommy, Daddy, Me and Zachary can live with Grandma, Papa, Meme, and Uncle Bill".
She can entertain herself for hours. I love that she can disappear into her room and each time I check on her she is still playing with her toys. The one down-side to all of this play is that her room is usually a disaster!
She still happily goes to bed without any fussing. Her bedtime is 9:00pm and she usually sleeps until about 8:30am.
She loves to sing...and usually sings songs that she has made up.
Elizabeth...I love you. You are such a joy in my life. I love experiencing things through your eyes. You are filled with such happiness and love. You are an amazing little girl and I am privileged to be your mommy. You have a desire to do what is right and you make me so happy.
Happy Birthday, My Sweet Elizabeth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment