On Wednesday, June 4th, Matt, Elizabeth and I spent the day together. It was such a fun day. The weather was rainy and cold so we did not go to all of the places that we wanted to, but we did make it to Gateway. We went shopping and had lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen. I got a new North Face rain jacket, which was useful with all of the rain that we received that day. Matt and I were so grateful that the weather was beautiful six years earlier. On our wedding day, the weather could not have been better. It was in the mid 70s with a slight breeze. Absolutely Perfect!
That night, my parents watched Elizabeth so that Matt and I could go out alone. We decided that we would go get dessert at the Cheesecake Factory.
Matt got the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake, while I had the Seven Layer Truffle Cake.
Thursday, we did some things around the house and spent time playing with Elizabeth. She loved having her daddy home with her. We wanted to spend as much time with her as possible because we would not be with her for the next two days. I was not sure that I was going to make it. Two days was a really long time...I had not been away from Elizabeth that long before.
We brought Elizabeth to Karla and Kelly's house on Thursday night, so that Matt and I could spend the evening at the Anniversary Inn. It has become a tradition for us. We hope that we can continue this tradition for many years to come. After dropping Elizabeth off, Matt and I headed to Madeline's Steakhouse for dinner. We had not been there before but my mom highly recommended it. Matt and I had a great time. They gave us so much food. My favorite though was the Coconut Shrimp. It was divine. Next time we go, I think I will order it as my meal, even though it is listed as an appetizer.
At the Anniversary Inn, our room was bundled with the Warm Fuzzies Package and the Movie Pack. We received a logo blanket, two mugs, two soft drinks, candy, and a large tub of popcorn. I loved it. We just laid in bed, watched movies, and talked. It was a really great night.

The next morning, we got up and moving because we had a lot of things planned. First we were off to see Kung Fu Panda. I wanted to see this movie so bad, so we went. It was so good. Better than I had hoped it would be. I know the reviews have not been that great...but I really like it. After the movie, we went to...Chick-Fil-A. I love Chick-Fil-A and hardly get to eat it anymore. The closest one is across town, so it is a treat to get to eat it!
Later that afternoon, Matt and I had scheduled a Couples Massage at The Spa Club. This was our first massage so we were a little nervous and really excited. I have to say, after having the massage...I am totally hooked. I could have a massage everyday for the rest of my life. It was soooooo relaxing. I am glad that we splurged on this little treat!
After eating at Noodles & Company, we headed to the Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband Concert. We had so much fun. You never know what to expect at one of their concerts. The guys are crazy. This was their new CD release concert, so we got to hear all of their new songs and learn about the meanings behind them.
I want to take a quick second to thank my mom and dad, and Karla and Kelly for taking care of Elizabeth for the couple of days. It was so great to run around and be with Matt. We had an amazing time and could not have done it without you. We are so blessed to have family that is so willing to help us out. I feel so blessed to know that Elizabeth has grandmas and grandpas that love her so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment