Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Wagon Ride with Daddy

When Elizabeth woke up from her afternoon nap, Matt went in to get her. She came running out of her room screaming "Yes!"...with a huge smile on her face. I asked Matt what she was so excited about, and he said...I asked her if she wanted to go for a wagon ride.

Elizabeth loves her wagon. It makes her so happy. I think that she would ride around in it all day, if we would let her.


As I followed Matt and Elizabeth around the neighborhood, I was humbled by the feeling of gratitude that overwhelmed me. As I looked at all of the houses, I was grateful to have a home that provides protection and shelter. As I watched Matt and Elizabeth, I was grateful for family. For my amazing husband and sweet little girl.


Matt is such a great father to Elizabeth. He is patient and kind. You can tell that Elizabeth and I mean so much to him. I am grateful for his dedication to our family. He is a wonderful provider, a caring father, and my very best friend.


Each morning, and about a handful of times more throughout the day, I ask Elizabeth if she knows that her mommy loves her. Every day she answers the same way, "Yes...and Daddy Too". I tell Elizabeth every single day because I want her to know that her mommy and daddy love her more than words can express!


I am truly blessed with much more than I could possibly deserve.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Gina, I love how thoughtful and grateful you are for the little things in life that mean so much.
Thank you for this sweet post. I am so glad you are happy.