Friday, May 29, 2009

A Day at the Zoo with Hailee


Elizabeth and I were invited to go to the Hogle Zoo with some friends that we met at Gymboree. I was so excited to go, especially since Elizabeth has not been to the zoo since last Fall. She is really interested in animals now, so I knew that she would love the zoo.


Elizabeth was so excited to have a friend to spend the day with. As we were driving to the zoo, Elizabeth kept calling for Hailee. The girls were so cute together. It was so adorable to see the two of them in their wagons.


Elizabeth loved all of the animals. Each time we saw a new animal, she wanted to get out of her wagon to get a closer look. If I had to guess, I would say that the bears were her favorite, with the giraffes coming in at a close second.


I just love seeing Elizabeth so happy. She would get so excited with each new animal that she saw. It was so cute because she would name the animal or do the animal sound each time she saw a new one. She had a huge grin on her face the entire day.


Elizabeth and Hailee were so excited to go on the Carousel. Elizabeth had a little meltdown on the line to buy tickets. Luckily, the line was not very long so we were on the ride before too long. The girls looks so cute riding next to each other. Hailee did a great job of getting off once the ride was over...but Elizabeth was another story. I had to pry her legs and arms from around the pole in order to get her off.


Every once in a while, we would get the girls out of their wagons so that they could walk around and get a closer look at some of the animals. Melissa and I were really proud of our girls for how they got back in their wagons...without complaining...when it was time to move to the next area.


Just before we left, we took the girls on the train. Elizabeth was extremely excited...until we got on...then she was terrified. She clung to me and would not let go. For the first little bit, she sat on my lap with her head on my shoulder, and would not move. I finally convinced her to turn around...but she still had to be on my lap. What a silly girl!


It made me so happy to spend the day, doing something fun, with my little girl. She is an absolute doll. She did great the whole day and totally loves her wagon.


I am so glad that we were able to go with Melissa and Hailee. We had a really great time. Thanks girls, It was so nice to spend the afternoon with you...and thanks for getting us in with your zoo membership!


Look at that face...you can tell that she was loving every minute!


Elizabeth had so much fun and was totally exhausted by the end of the trip. She fell asleep before we even backed out of the parking spot.

No comments: