Saturday, May 2, 2009

Knitting Retreat

I just got home from 3 days and 2 night of pure knitting. Kamille held her semi-annual Knitting Retreat this weekend. Thanks to Matt and my mom and dad...I was able to go! I had so much fun chatting with the ladies, eating yummy food, and knitting my little heart out.

During the day, classes we held in the loft at Kamille's store. At night, we would head to the Residence Inn Marriott, in Sandy, for more knitting fun. We watched movies and shared ideas. I had such a good time.


I took two classes during the Knitting Retreat. I fell in love with the Lace Scarf. I didn't think that I would enjoy it as much as I did. Jean Wallberg designed a beautiful pattern and had a wonderful teaching style. She was very informational and encouraging. I really enjoyed her class. The scarf is created by knitting twelve different 5 inch patterns. We used Ella Rae Lace Merino yarn and size US 5 straight knitting needles. Absolutely beautiful!


I also enjoyed making a pair of Short Row Felted Slippers. These slippers are created by following an interested design. Very easy to do. Laura Vance did a great job of explaining what to do. The pattern for the slippers is in a book called Felt Frenzy. We used 150 yards of worsted weight wool, US 8 straight needles, and US 8 circular needles.


I cannot wait to attend the next Knitting Retreat in September! Too much Fun...I cannot miss it!

No comments: