
Elizabeth had her very first dentist appointment today. Our appointment was at Monarch Dental with Dr. Reading. I was a little nervous because I was not so sure how she would handle it...but she could not have done better.
When we arrived, Elizabeth sat in the waiting room like such a big girl. She read books and said "hi" to everyone that walked by. She even practiced opening her mouth really wide and tried to show everyone her teeth.

Once in the examination room, she sat in the chair and played with a puzzle book until the dentist arrived. When Dr. Reading walked through the door, Elizabeth said "Hi Dentist!". It kinda took the dentist off guard and made him laugh.

The dentist started talking to both Elizabeth and I about the plan for the visit. He turned to Elizabeth and said "Do you know what we are going to do today?". Elizabeth looked right at him and said "Clean the teeth." Dr. Reading and his assistant could not believe what they heard. It was so funny to see the shocked looks on their faces.

Elizabeth did a great job. She sat on my lap and when the dentist would ask her to open her mouth, she would open it so wide and say "aaaaaahhhhhhh". Too Cute! After about 10 minutes of cleaning, Elizabeth looked up at the dentist and said "all done".
I am so proud of Elizabeth. I was really worried about today, and she was amazing. I am so glad that everything checked out with Elizabeth's teeth too. Dr. Reading said that her teeth look great. She still needs to get her "2 year" molars but other than that all of her baby teeth are in and are doing well. I am so happy that we won't have to bring Elizabeth back for 6 more months.
No comments:
Post a Comment