Friday, June 5, 2009

I Must Be In Heaven

Another date night. I must be in heaven. My parents offered to have a sleepover with Elizabeth so that Matt and I could have an evening to ourselves. I have been totally spoiled with all of this alone time with Matt.

We decided to go to dinner at Archibald's restaurant in Gardner Village. We had not been there before, so we thought that we would give it a try. Matt ordered the Prime Rib, while I ordered a hamburger and fries. We both really enjoyed our meal...and we both were very full as we left.


After dinner we walked around just enjoying the grounds. Gardner Village is a beautiful place to be. I find it so relaxing to walk each of the paths. Matt had never seen the mill before so we went to take a look.


Matt and I have been looking forward to tonight for quite a while. My Uncle bought us tickets to the Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband concert. We have gone to quite a few of Ryan Shupe's concerts...and we always have a great time.


The opening act was a guy named Casy Judd. We have seen him before, and he is really good. He plays one track at a time until he builds the song and then he sings along with it. It is cool to see how it all works out in the end. It was fun to see him again.


Ryan Shupe and his band members are so full of energy. It amazes me that they can dance and jump around as much as they do...all night long. Also, I am surprised that they can play while they are moving around so much. They are all so super talented.


I love the chemistry that the guys have with one another. You can tell that they love to play and that they love being together. It is always so fun to see them interact with one another.


I love how Craig has the attitude of an electric guitar player. He has such confidence when he plays. It makes me laugh that he gets so into playing a banjo. We love Banjo Boy!


For some reason, Ryan Tilby decided to strap a camcorder to a bike helmet and wear it around for one of the songs. They had to gaffer taped the helmet to his head so it would not fall off. They announced that they will be posting the footage on their website. Matt and I cannot wait to see how it turned out!


Matt and I had a really great night. We always forget how fun their concerts are...until we go to another one. Their music is great and their concerts are just good, clean fun. My favorite thing of the night was when they played a quintet on the string bass. Ryan Tilby started playing a solo and by the end of the song, each of the band members were playing portions of the solo...so that all five of them were playing the same bass at the same time...Hilarious! I cannot wait until their next concert so that we can see them again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun...I love Ryan Shupe. Jas and I finally had our first date in two years a couple weekends ago. It was nice!