Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Birthday Celebration

I had the best birthday. I was able to spend the day with my wonderful husband and my sweet baby girl. I thought that it would be fun to spend the day at the Barnyard in Thanksgiving Point...so off we went.

Elizabeth was so excited to ride in her wagon. It is so fun to see her having such a great time. I love pulling Elizabeth in her wagon. It is so cute to see her sitting there with her cup and her snacks.


We got to see a lot of different animals. Elizabeth really liked the alpacas and the goats.


I don't think that I have ever seen such big horses in my whole life. It made me a little nervous to go so close. Elizabeth wanted to see the horse until we got close...then she was afraid. She calmed down once I took a couple of steps back.


The ponies were definitely more Elizabeth's size. She was so excited to be able to go for a ride. She even was able to hold on all by herself. I walked along side of her and held her hand for a minute but after a while she let go. She is getting to be such an independent girl.


After riding in her wagon for a while, we let Elizabeth get out so that she could see all of the animals up close. She loves being outside in the sunshine.


I forgot how much fun the Barnyard is at Thanksgiving Point. There are lots of animals to see and it is so nice to get out into the fresh air. Elizabeth's favorite part (other than the pony ride) was feeding the chickens and the turkeys and seeing all of the baby chicks.


I had a great time looking at all of the animals. I cannot wait to go back to the Barnyard. Since we have a annual membership, I plan to go back often.


We ended our visit to Thanksgiving Point with ice cream and creamies. It was the perfect end to a great day!


Later that night, my mom volunteered to watch Elizabeth so that Matt and I could have a date night. We ended up going to Goodwood for dinner and then to watch Transformers Revenge of the Fallen.

Thanks Matt and Elizabeth...for a perfect birthday!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Gina Marie,

Anonymous said...

I sooo didn't even know it was your birthday. Happy Late Birthday!!! Glad you had a good day.