Friday, April 16, 2010

Elizabeth's Wellness Check-Up

Since Elizabeth just turned three, we had her wellness check-up today. I was excited to be taking her to the doctor so that we could get her all checked out. I like to be reassured that everything is going fine and that she is doing well. I am so blessed to have a healthy, beautiful daughter. Words cannot express how grateful I am.

The doctor checked all of Elizabeth's reflexes, in addition to her eyes, ears, lungs, stomach, throat, and teeth. I am happy to report that everything is great and that Elizabeth is healthy and happy!

We learned that Elizabeth weighs 29 pounds, which is the 5oth percentile. Also, she is 36 1/4 inches tall, which is the 40th percentile. Her Body Mass Index is 45%.

Elizabeth did a great job and cooperated really well for the doctor. She was a little nervous while they were measuring her height but other than that, she did fabulous. When the doctor walked into the exam room, Elizabeth asked "Are you going to give me a shot?" When the doctor said "no", Elizabeth smiled the biggest smile I have ever seen.

The doctor and I talked for quite a while. He asked loads of questions about her developmental levels. He wanted to make sure that she can jump, that she can speak in at least 2 word sentences, that she is potty-trained, and that she can hold a pencil and draw. He also mentioned that I can switch her to 1% or 2% milk, instead of the whole milk that he had instructed me to give her up until now.

He seemed really pleased with her progress and said that she seems like a healthy, normal three-year old! We could not be more happy!

No comments: