Saturday, April 24, 2010

Going Home!

Today we got to bring our sweet baby boy home. I am so happy that Zachary is healthy and strong and able to come home with us. We could have left whenever we wanted, as long as we were discharged by 7:00pm. Since Zachary was circumcised in the morning, I wanted to stay until he urinated for the first time. Then we could guarantee that everything went well with the procedure.

I attended a breastfeeding class in the morning. My parents brought Elizabeth for another visit around noon. We sent Zachary to the nursery and walked down to the cafeteria for a nice lunch. When we dropped Zachary off, Elizabeth started to bawl and scream "I need my baby brother!". She did not like the idea that we were leaving him behind. Once I reassured her that we would be coming back for him, she calmed down.

After lunch, my parents and Elizabeth left just in time for Karla and Kelly to arrive. Kelly had not been able to make it to visit yet, so this was his first time meeting our little man.


Once all of our visitors had left, Matt and I started packing up all of our stuff. I realized that I had not filled out the paperwork for Zachary's birth certificate, so Matt cleaned the room and loaded the car, while I completed the five-page form.

Lastly, we got Zachary dressed. He hates being unwrapped or undressed so he freaked out the whole time...but it was still fun for me. I loved getting him ready to come home. He looked so cute in his little doggie sleeper.


I wanted to eat him up when I saw how stinkin' cute he was in his little outfit. Could he be any cuter?

No comments: