Friday, April 30, 2010

"Grandpa and Great"

Since Matt's grandparents and Aunt Betty were not able to make it to the hospital, we went to visit them today. We were excited for them to meet our little man. We have not gotten together for a while, so it was nice to catch up with what has been going on in our lives. It was good to see them and share stories with them. Elizabeth loved all of the attention that Aunt Betty gave her. They colored, played with stickers, played with lace cards, and did puzzles together. Elizabeth also loved Grandma Great's homemade banana bread. She would have eaten a whole loaf...if we would have let her. I love how Elizabeth called Grandma Great and Grandpa Great..."Grandpa and Great".

The highlight of the night for me was watching Grandma Great, Grandpa Great, and Aunt Betty hold little Zachary. They are such amazing people and I am so glad that I have had the opportunity to talk with and learn from them. Zachary is so blessed to have his great grandparents still around. They are wonderful examples of kindness, love, and compassion. They each have such strong testimonies of our Heavenly Father. I pray that they will get to share their testimonies and their experiences with Zachary as he grows.

Grandma Great and Zachary


Grandpa Great and Zachary


Aunt Betty and Zachary


It melted my heart to see Zachary snuggled into their arms.

1 comment:

Dibble's said...

Obviously I haven't been in the blogging world in a while, I didn't even know you had this little prince! Congratulations, he is darling! Good luck with the nursing business, I remember thinking that after two weeks it would be a breeze...nope. Lilah would spend about 30-45 minutes eating every three hours for 2 months! But now it's a breeze! Good luck, gal!