
For the past week or so, my feet have been so swollen. My mom convinced me that I needed to have them checked out, to make sure that everything was okay. Normally, I am not one to run to the doctor, but since none of my shoes would fit and by the end of the day I could not even flex my ankles...I decided that it was probably a good idea to have a doctor take a look.
I called my OB/GYN and had her check them out. The moment I took off my shoe, Dr. DeSano said, "WOW, we need to get you some compression socks immediately!" Once I had my prescription, I was off to a medical supply store to pick some up. As soon as the saleswoman saw my foot, she almost died. She mentioned to me that my feet were shocking. She informed me that I would need to come back the next morning because there would be no way to measure my feet and get the correct size while they were so swollen.
This morning I went and picked up the much-needed compression socks. It is amazing the difference that they make. To give you an idea of how swollen my feet and legs were, here are my before and after measurements:
Ankles without compression socks: 12 inches
Ankles with compression socks: 8 inches
Calf without compression socks: 18 3/4 inches
Calf with compression socks: 14 1/2 inches
Who cares that I feel 80 years old while wearing them...at least my feet and legs are a decent size and my toes don't look like little sausages anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment